Enrolments & Tours
The best time to see our school is when it is in action. If you are interested in seeing what Our Lady of Hope can offer your child, then you are warmly invited to contact the school for a tour. Our Principal, Paul Bennett would be pleased to take you on a private tour of our school and answer any questions you may have.
If a private tour of the school is not for you, then group Principal Tours are held twice per year in March and September.
We are accepting of all families regardless of their faith background and therefore you do not need to be Catholic to enrol at our School.
Frequently asked questions about enrolling my child at Our Lady of Hope:
When is the best time to enrol my child?
We accept enrolments at any stage throughout the year. It is advisable to enrol your child at least six months prior to them starting school. The earlier you enrol your child, the greater chance you have of ensuring a place for your child.
At what age can my child start school?
Our Lady of Hope offers a Reception intake at the beginning of the School Year and also at the beginning of Term 3.
Children who turn 5 on or before the 30th of April are eligible to start school at the beginning of the year.
Children who turn 5, between May the 1st and October 31st are eligible to start school at the beginning of Term 3, or they can commence at the beginning of the following year. The decision about starting children in Reception in Term 3 is a parental decision.
Can I have a tour of the school before deciding whether to enrol my child?
Yes. We understand that choosing a school for your child is a big decision. Our Principal will be happy to give you a personal tour of the school and answer any questions you have about our educational offerings.
When can I have a tour of the school and how do I book a tour?
You can book a private tour of the school by either contacting the school via phone, sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can click on the Book a Tour link on our website. Someone from our school will contact you and arrange a time that suits you to come in and have tour. We recommend touring the school during school hours so that you get to see the school in action, however we know that this is not always possible for some families and therefore tours outside of school hours are also offered. We will work with you to find a time that is suitable.
What is the process for enrolling my child?
The process for enrolling your child at Our Lady of Hope is as follows:
- Contact the school and book a tour or ask for an enrolment form to be sent out or you can access an enrolment form from the link below.
- Complete the enrolment form and return it to school.
- The school will contact you to arrange an enrolment meeting with the Principal if you have already had a personal tour of the school with the Principal, an enrolment interview may not be required.
- After the enrolment interview you will be sent an offer of enrolment (subject to availability of places).
- Upon receiving the offer of enrolment, you will need to return a form accepting the enrolment this will then secure your child's enrolment at the school.
What do I need to submit with my enrolment form or bring to an enrolment interview?
When submitting your enrolment application we ask you to provide the following:
- Proof of your child's identity (birth certificate).
- Any specialist reports that the school may need to be aware of (e.g speech reports, medical reports etc).
- Copies of most recent school reports (if applicable).
- Copy of Baptism certificate (if applicable).
- A copy of any court orders relating to custody issues (if applicable).
- In special circumstances, additional documentation may be required.
We hope the above information has been informative. Please don't hesitate to contact the school if you have any further questions about enrolment at Our Lady of Hope.
Download an Enrolment Application Form